Published on 24 October 2005 in , ,

Well all good things must come to an end. After over three years, I’ve finally moved Movable Type over to using mySQL instead of the old Berkley DB database. Wiith several hundred posts in it, things were just getting a little too slow to work with, so it had to go.

The conversion process did (oddly) restore a load of deleted blogs – including some test runs I did for The F-Word many moons ago, and the first attempt also saw all the site templates go missing (thank goodness for backups) but it looks like we’re here! Hurrah!

To add to the fun, I’ve also fixed the rather pointless annual archives which by the looks of it, have been broken ever since I upgraded to Movable Type 3.2. Does rather show how much I look at my own site, given that that was nearly two months ago…