2010-2019: a decade that was
Published on 31 December 2019 in Life
- Decide not to move to Salford with my job.
- Become At Risk Of Redundancy
- Self publish first book.
- Get new kitchen installed.
- Start working in central London for the first time in eight years.
- Son is born.
- Go on holiday in Scotland during a period of much flooding. And Amsterdam when there was none.
- Really nice local pub closes to be converted into housing and a bar. That never opens. And instead becomes a supermarket.
- Put blog in hiatus.
- Mostly enjoy job.
- Visit local bus garage.
- Holiday in Brecon Beacons and Lake District.
- Not entirely happy in job.
- Start hating job.
- Hand in notice for job with no other job to go to.
- Leave job.
- Start taking son to Music Mayhem at Colliers Wood library on Mondays.
- Visit pub called Lord Kitchener.
- Decide to take six months off work.
- Get offered new job at the place I was made redundant from in 2011.
- Only have two and a half months off work.
- Decision made to relocate family to Manchester.
- Tell work I’m relocating to Manchester, and will need to leave. Get asked if I’d like to work from home instead.
- Put house up for sale.
- Pack up belongings and move in with in-laws in Manchester’s suburbs.
- Daughter is born.
- Son starts nursery.
- Buy new house.
- Move into new house.
- Collapse, exhausted. A lot.
- Son starts school. Tearful moment as we watch him confidentially stroll through the door and start talking to his teacher about trains.
- Have holiday in London. And France.
- Grandad dies, aged 101.
- Refurbish en-suite bathroom, main bathroom and a bedroom.
- Delete Facebook account.
- Have holiday in France.
- Unexpectedly re-visit the Lord Kitchener.
- Restart blog.
- Spend so much time in London for work, I consider moving back.
- Refurbish master bedroom after it had been empty for 18 months.
- Have holiday in Tenby.
- Get frustrated by the UK. Repeatedly.
To be confirmed.